You do not need to worry about creating your character's wikipage. This will be done by staff upon approval.
Filling out Information
Each section gives a short explanation of what info to enter in it. You can choose to leave sections blank. Some do not apply to all characters or players. Fill out whatever is appropriate to share OOCly.
Notice: Under no circumstances remove any of the default ==== dividers from the page as these dividers tell the page where to put the information. Removal and/or addition of these dividers will cause errors to the page.
Image files are typically uploaded to the wiki in order to be referenced on a character page. To add an image:
- Scroll down to the buttons at the bottom of the page and click on "FILES" (in the center of the row)
- Then select "Upload a file from your computer"
- Browse to the file in question, and
- IF the original filename does not match what you cited in the wikipage:
- Select "switch to our old uploader" instead of "Select Files"
- Browse to the file in question
- When renaming the file remember:
- You must include the extension, e.g. Grace.jpg
- Filenames are case sensitive; Grace.jpg and grace.jpg are two different files
- Filenames cannot contain spaces
Once the file has been uploaded, you should be able to hit refresh and see it displayed at whatever point the wikipage references it.
There are two images that are required for each character page. If you have supplied a character image staff have likely already uploaded these files for you. If you have not, or you would like to change them, they are listed here.
- <character-name>.jpg - This is the image that shows on the right hand side of your character page.
- Size: 200px x ?
- casting.jpg - This is the thumbnail picture that shows on the cast list.
- Size: 150px x 70px
Tricks and Troubleshooting
Hide Line in TOC
The Table of Contents is generated from headers. Headers are lines prefixed with one or more + symbols. If you want one to be left out of the TOC, put an * right after the last +, e.g. '++* Title Text.
Info in the Wrong Place
If something is not where it's supposed to be, odds are you deleted (or added) a divider line (====). Hopefully you retained the comments with section descriptions and can easily find the out-of-place section. Then just reenter or remove the offending line as appropriate.